Limited Edition 25,000
- Limited Edition 25000
- (Out of this) World First
- Riveting design by Nick Park and the team at Aardman
- Celebrate 30 stellar years in silver
- The coin inscription ‘CASEUS PRAESTANS’ translates as ‘cracking cheese’
- Just 25,000 silver Proof coins are available in this Limited Edition Presentation
- These characters are family favourites so orders are limited to three coins per household
Celebrate 30 Years of Wallace and Gromit in Sparkling Silver
Surrounded by stars and chomping on lunar cheese, Wallace and Gromit began their adventures on the moon in A Grand Day Out. The short animated film was first screened on 4 November 1989, introducing these brilliantly funny British characters into our lives. As well as launching Wallace and Gromit on their way to stardom the film introduced their hugely talented creator, Nick Park.
Now, 30 years after blast off, Wallace and Gromit land on the surface of a 50p coin. This silver Proof edition brings the two heroes together forever in a design created by Nick Park and the team at Aardman. The coin shows Wallace and Gromit printed in colour and peering from the riveted porthole of their rocket. Each one comes in a printed acrylic case, recalling the unique world imagined by Nick Park.